This is a short post about the importance of lists in our life. Maybe you hate lists as much as I do – but there is no alternative. To be listless is an inefficient en unproductive way to live life.
Lists are important because they:
- help you to remember to do things
- unclutter your mind
- help you to take inventory
- are motivating and provide direction
- help you set goals
- help you establish priorities
- keep you focused
- are satisfying when you can cross off all your accomplishments
- help you visualize
- help organise and clarify your thinking (and can move you from generalities to specifics)
An excellent alternative for Android users is Astrid.
My wife doesn’t like all these gadgets but she said that I have become more organised since I use my iPhone 🙂
Please feel free to leave your comment. I am very interested why and how you use lists (or not).